Speak to an Advisor Now
Heroin is one of the most addictive and dangerous illicit drugs. Unfortunately, heroin abuse has increased over the last few years, leaving millions of people struggling to stop using heroin. Because of its potency, heroin addiction isn’t something an individual can overcome on their own. Without professional support, recovery is nearly impossible. At TruHealing Baltimore, we understand the impact heroin abuse has had on communities, families, and individuals. Our team in our heroin addiction treatment program is devoted to helping individuals not just stop using heroin but heal from substance abuse and make a lasting recovery.
The Effects of Heroin Abuse
Over the last few years, addiction treatment professionals have seen a spike in heroin abuse. For many, heroin addiction is tied to prescription drug addiction, specifically opioids. When individuals develop a dependency on opioid painkillers and exhaust their prescription options, they frequently turn to illicit opiates like heroin. Unfortunately, heroin addiction is much more intense and deadlier.
Compounding the problem of heroin’s addictive nature, it also has problems caused by dirty needle use. Though there are many ways to get heroin into your system, most people choose to inject the drug. Used needles can introduce blood-borne diseases into your body. Your chances of developing HIV, hepatitis C, and hepatitis B increase the more often you inject this drug. With frequent injections, you could even cause the veins in your arms to collapse and reduce blood flow.
Needle use is not the only cause of problems from heroin abuse. This drug causes other problems in the body, including the following:
- Skin infections
- Antisocial behavior
- Heart valve infection
- Brain damage from slowed breathing from an overdose
Overdose poses a real danger to those who use heroin. The amount of active ingredients in the heroin injected is difficult to determine. Additives to the heroin can also taint the drug used, posing additional risks such as clogged blood vessels or damage to the kidneys, lungs, and heart.
How Our Heroin Addiction Treatment Program Can Help
Addiction is difficult to live with. You can take steps to turn around your life and your health by choosing to go to a heroin addiction treatment center. To help you through stopping heroin use and recovering yourself, we offer the following services at TruHealing Baltimore:
- Co-occurring treatment: Often, individuals struggling with heroin addiction use the drug in part because of underlying mental health issues like depression or anxiety. Similarly, when the individual struggles with heroin abuse, they are at a greater risk of developing these mood disorders, prompting them to abuse heroin further. Our co-occurring program treats addiction’s physical and mental aspects, addresses the dependency on heroin, and treats mental health issues, so clients heal completely.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): In this program, clients come to our facility daily for a fixed block of treatment hours. Afterward, they return to their home or sober living community. It’s a way for clients to maintain their independence but still get the necessary support and treatment they need.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): Like a PHP, this program provides concentrated treatment over a shorter time. Clients still work or return home after treatment but come to our facility for regular treatment sessions lasting several hours over several weeks. It’s an excellent option for those needing support after relapse.
In all of these programs, we offer clients a variety of therapeutic options. This allows individuals to address their mental health issues and underlying causes, stressors, or triggers of heroin abuse. Some of the therapies we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy
- Trauma-focused therapy
- Family therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Motivational interviewing
Learn to Heal at TruHealing Baltimore
You already know how much heroin can take from you. It’s time to take your life back. Our team of experienced and compassionate counselors and therapists at TruHealing in Baltimore, Maryland, understand that getting treatment may seem intimidating. But it will be the most important move that you make for your health and wellbeing. If you want to find out more about our heroin addiction treatment program, contact us at 833.782.2241. We want to give you the support you need to make it through this to rediscover a life without heroin.
Why TruHealing Baltimore?
TruHealing Baltimore is your partner for recovery. We are ready to give you or your loved one everything they need for recovery that stands the test of time. The only requirement is a little hope and enough willingness to try. The sober, happy and peaceful life you’re imagining is much closer than you imagine. Give us a call (833) 782-2241 and we can start moving in the right direction.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today