Speak to an Advisor Now
Withdrawing from drugs and alcohol on your own can be extremely difficult and dangerous. Depending on the severity of your use, life-threatening symptoms like heart palpitations and seizures can occur. A medical detox program is a safe and effective way to withdraw from these substances, with a lowered risk for complications and a team of medical professionals to help you feel as comfortable as possible.
If you live in Maryland, the medical detox center at TruHealing Baltimore is one of the most effective detox options in the area. Reach out to our team at 833.782.2241 or connect with us online to learn more about our drug and alcohol detox center.
What to Expect During Withdrawal
Withdrawal is a set of symptoms that can result when you stop or reduce regular drug or alcohol use. The symptoms are uncomfortable and can be physical, emotional, and/or psychological. How long the symptoms last depends on the severity of a person’s use, how long they used, and other individual factors. Different substances also have different withdrawal symptoms and timelines.
Withdrawal symptoms vary. However, some of the most common symptoms, regardless of the substance, include:
- Sudden mood swings
- Nausea and vomiting
- Depression and anxiety
- Muscle pain and tension
- Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns
What Is Medical Detox?
Medical detox is when you receive medical supervision during the withdrawal process. Withdrawing from certain substances, such as alcohol and opioids, can cause severe symptoms like seizures and high blood pressure.
During addiction, drugs and alcohol interfere with a person’s ability to make rational and logical decisions. This often causes people to engage in risky and dangerous behavior that they otherwise would never consider. As a person’s tolerance begins to build, more and more of a particular substance is required. This can lead to financial woes and relationship strife. Addiction can also prevent people from working and supporting their families, increasing depression and mental health problems. A medical detox center helps individuals start to break free from addiction and its consequences.
The Benefits of a Medical Detox Program
Medical detox is the first step to lasting recovery. Some of the benefits of a medical detox center include:
- Safety – For anyone with long-term dependency, withdrawal symptoms could be life-threatening. Having supervision while detoxing keeps you safe.
- Supervision – Our staff of medical professionals will constantly monitor you, so that if there is any kind of medical emergency, they can help.
- Medication Adjustments – If the TruHealing Baltimore team feels that your medication needs to be adjusted, they can quickly do so. Sometimes, they can customize your treatment by the minute.
- Reduced pain – Our team can administer medications that ease withdrawal symptoms, lessening the painful side effects.
- Increased chance of recovery – Staying in a detox facility and getting completely clean sets a good foundation for the rest of your recovery.
You’ll find a network of support and encouragement in the welcoming environment of TruHealing Baltimore’s detox program. Don’t hesitate to reach out for the help you need.
Let Our Medical Detox Program Start You on Your Road to Recovery
Why TruHealing Baltimore?
TruHealing Baltimore is your partner for recovery. We are ready to give you or your loved one everything they need for recovery that stands the test of time. The only requirement is a little hope and enough willingness to try. The sober, happy and peaceful life you’re imagining is much closer than you imagine. Give us a call (833) 782-2241 and we can start moving in the right direction.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today